"I want something else. I’m not even sure what to call it anymore except I know it feels roomy and it’s drenched in sunlight and it’s weightless and I know it’s not cheap. Probably not even real."
- Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves (via feellng)
"The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it - basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them."
- Charles Bukowski, Tales of Ordinary Madness (via feellng)
"What’s terrible is to pretend that second-rate is first-rate. To pretend that you don’t need love when you do; or you like your work when you know quite well you’re capable of better."
- Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook (via feellng)
"I know now, after fifty years, that the finding/losing, forgetting/remembering, leaving/returning, never stops. The whole of life is about another chance, and while we are alive, till the very end, there is always another chance."
- Jeanette Winterson, from Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? (via creatingaquietmind)
(Source: hiddenshores, via creatingaquietmind)
"But the pleasant thing is to wake early, throw open the window, and lie reading in bed."
- Edward Fitzgerald, from a letter to W. F. Pollock, May 3, 1840 (via creatingaquietmind)
(Source: litverve, via creatingaquietmind)
"A passionate woman is worth the chaos."
- (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
(Source: kushandwizdom, via creatingaquietmind)